HESI A2 Exam is the nursing entrance exam administered by the Office of Testing Services on behalf of the College of Nursing at Prairie View A&M University. Potential applications to the Nursing program may not take or retake the exam anywhere other than the approved Prometric locations and/or with the Testing Services office.

  • All testers must bring Evolve Username and Password with them for testing
  • All testers must have an active Evolve account and bring a physical photo identification for testing. Photo Identification must be current (or have expired within 90 days of the test date) and must contain a recent and recognizable photo of you:
    • Driver's License
    • Passport book or card
    • State-issued ID card
    • US Military ID Card (Common Access Card or CAC)
    • US Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
    • PVAMU Student ID Card
  • Testers will have four (4) hours to complete the exam
  • Exam consists of four (4) sections
Section Passing Score
Anatomy and Physiology 75%
Grammar 75%
Math 75%
Reading Comprehension 75%
  • How to Create an Evolve Account & Retrieve Evolve Username
  • How do I add HESI Student Access to my Evolve account?
  • How do I change my Evolve password?
  • How do I locate my HESI exam reports?
  • How do I request a copy of my HESI transcript?
  • How do I sign in to Evolve?
  • How do I unlock my account?
  • How do I update my email address in my Evolve account?
  • What is 'Online Remediation'?
  • Where can I find my HESI exam scoring information?
  • Why can't I access my HESI account?

Questions about Testing

Phone: (936) 261-3627
Email: [email protected]

Pre-Nursing Department

Phone: (936) 261-2920
Phone: (936) 261-2921 – Ms. Magoti
Phone: (936) 261-2922 – Ms. Hays

College of Nursing

Phone: (713) 797-7000 – Ask for Dr. Forrest Smith

Questions about Evolve Account

Phone: (800) 222-9570

HESI Study Materials

The following booklets can be check out at the P.A.S.S. Center:

  • HESI Admission Assessment Exam Review Edition 4/Elsevier

  • HESI A2 Study Questions 2019 and 2020/Three full-Length HESI A2 Practice Tests

  • HESI A2 Secrets – Study Guide – Includes Practice Test/Mometrix

For assistance with checking out these booklets or if you want more information about HESI exam study materials, please contact Margie Williams, P.A.S.S. Center Coordinator, at [email protected] .

HESI Testing Options

Main Campus

  • The registration form for Main Campus testing will open on Tuesday, October 18, 2022 at 10 am .
  • Test dates for Main Campus testing will be held on selected Tuesdays and will be posted on October 18, 2022 as well.

Virtual

  • The registration form for Virtual Testing will open on Tuesday, October 18, 2022 at 10 am .
  • Test dates for Virtual testing will be held on selected Fridays will be posted on October 18, 2022 as well.

Distance

  • Information for Distance testing will be posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2022 at 10 am .